Ascension Episcopal Kindergarten
Learn. Grow. PLay
We know this is an especially frightening time to entrust your children with other caregivers. We also know that now, more than ever, your children need social interaction with their peers and you need a break! We are consistently taking steps to ensure that AEK is the safest it can possibly be.
Here is a list of what we are currently doing at AEK. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.
1. Classes are organized into "pods" so that children or teachers do not mix with other children outside of their own class.
2. The music/movement teacher will be meeting with classes outside with children spaced out. In the event of rain, she will meet students in their own classrooms.
3. All teachers and staff will be wearing a mask at all times.
4. We ask that all students in the 5K class bring a mask to school. They will not be required to wear their mask all day, but may be asked to wear one when moving through shared spaces or during small group time in their classrooms.
5. Drop off and pick up will continue to happen in the carpool line. Parents or other adults will not be permitted in the building without a mask.
6. We will use no touch thermometers to take each child's temperature before they exit the car each morning. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to school.
7. Consistent hand washing will take place throughout the day.
8. The playground will be sanitized between each use.
9. Surfaces and toys will be sanitized throughout the day.
10. Each student will have their own set of writing and art supplies, or else supplies will be sanitized between uses of different children.
11. In the case of a positive Covid-19 case among one of our students or teachers, families who have children in that classroom will be notified and asked to remain home for one week to watch for symptoms. Depending on the situation, proof of a negative test may be needed to return to school.
12. Children or adults who test positive for Covid-19 will be required to quarantine at home for 14 days, and must be absent of fever or symptoms for 3 days before returning to school.
We ask parents to be extremely diligent about looking for any abnormal symptoms before sending their child to school each day. Children with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted into the school building. We understand that small children run fever for various reasons that are not related to the Covid-19 virus, but we must take every precaution necessary to keep everyone healthy so that we can continue to serve the children in our care.
1912 Canyon Road, Vestavia Hills, Alabama 35216, United States